How To Take Your Career To The Next Level: Becoming AWS Certified
Despite increasing competition from Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud, Amazon’s AWS leads the pack with 33% of the global market share.
The challenge for many companies? Making best use of AWS at scale. Consider that cloud revenues grew 34% year-over-year in the first quarter of 2022 as companies look to support remote, hybrid and in-person work environments. While more spending means more access to compute and storage resources, organizations need skilled staff in-house to help maximize the impact of AWS services.
As a result, AWS certifications are now in demand. Here’s a look at the different types available, why they matter to businesses and how they can benefit your career.
Understanding AWS Certifications
AWS certifications are divided into four categories: foundational, associate, professional and specialty. Exams for each type of certification can be scheduled via the aws.training website, but many IT pros opt for pre-test training courses to ensure they’ve got the skills and knowledge they need to succeed.
With each category (except for foundational) there are multiple certification options available. Amazon suggests six months of AWS cloud experience before IT professionals take on the Cloud Practitioner Foundational exam, and one year of AWS experience for associate certifications, including Solutions Architect, Developer and SysOps Administrator.
For professional certifications such as Solutions Architect and DevOps Engineer, Amazon recommends two years of designing and troubleshooting in the AWS cloud. Specialty certifications, meanwhile, are designed for staff with substantial AWS knowledge looking to specialize in areas such as advanced networking, data analytics, machine learning or security.
How AWS Certifications Benefit Your Career
Pursuing AWS certifications offers several benefits for your career, including:
- Better pay: The AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Associate certification ranks as one of the highest paying qualifications of 2022, with certified Solutions Architects making almost $160,000 per year on average. More specialized certifications can help boost your potential earnings even more.
- More opportunities: With so many companies using AWS for storage, compute, security, DevOps and machine learning, there are a host of roles that benefit from AWS certification. As a result, certified professionals have plenty of choices when it comes to moving up within their organization or finding a new position somewhere else. And with more certifications comes more opportunity for specialized roles.
- Strong community focus: Once you’ve earned an AWS certification, you can join the AWS-certified global community, which includes both the AWS Certified Network and LinkedIn community. Not only can you use the Amazon-certified logo to showcase your expertise, but also get access to information about new AWS releases and upcoming technical demos.
- Keep your knowledge current: As cloud technologies continue to evolve, it pays to be on the cutting edge. Given Amazon’s role as a leader in the cloud space, AWS certification provides peace of mind that you’re prepared for whatever comes next.
Companies continue to spend on cloud computing but are now struggling to find skilled staff. AWS certifications can help expand your job options, increase your pay and keep you on the cutting edge of cloud development. Put simply? AWS is everywhere. Set yourself up for elevated success with a live AWS training course.
- Revolutionizing tech workflows with eSignatures May 28, 2023
- The Parent-Student Relationship In College Searches May 27, 2023
- Team Up, Price Down: How Temu is Changing Online Shopping EVERYWHERE May 1, 2023
- Free vs. Fast: Where Do You Stand With Delivery? April 27, 2023
- Low Or No Maintenance Industrial Machinery April 27, 2023
- The Digital Landscape Of College Search April 27, 2023
- How To Take Your Career To The Next Level: Becoming AWS Certified April 27, 2023
- May 2023
- April 2023
- March 2023
- February 2023
- December 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- August 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- May 2018